Happy Feast of the Holy Family!
Today is the last day of Blogmas 2017. It’s been a wild ride of a December for me, but on December 1st I set out to write a blog post everyday in Decemeber. Did I accomplish that? No. No, I did not. But I did write 24 blog posts (including this one). I’ll try again next year, but overall, I’m happy with what I accomplished for Blogmas 2017.
Without further ado, here is a revised list of goals for 2018. I’m sure this will continue to change and grow as we get into the new year, but right now, on December 31st, 2017, these are my hopes and aspirations.
- Learn hand-lettering
- Go on 3 dates (?)
- Publish 3 books
- Actually try to learn Spanish
- Travel 2 new places, anywhere.
- NaNoWriMo 2018
- Cut down/get all my stuff in neat and tidy order.
- Create a nice summer wardrobe
- Exercise somehow
- Save $3000!
- Pay off loan woot woot!
- Road trip with friends?
- BLOG CONSISTENTLY – Currently my plan is to post 2-3 times a week, but if I can get into a rythym I’ll aim for more posts a week.
- Write 1,000 words a day.
- Continue learning how to cook.
- Learn how to eat with chopsticks! Just for fun.
- Write and shoot a short film. This has been an aspration of mine for a long time and I’d finally like to go for it.
- Write two short plays. I love writing plays and it’s been over a year since I’ve written one. Time to change that. Plus, I was asked last night if I’d write a play for the homeschool group my younger siblings are with, so that’s some good motivation.
- Continue going to counseling and work on building my confidence and self-esteem.
- Discern the next steps for my life, particularly come August 2018. My roommate will very likely be moving at that time so I will have to decide if I want to stay here or move again, myself.
- Go back through my old journals, particularly from 2013-2015. This is a very personal one, but I went through the hardest times of my life over those two years. I know it’s time to go back and see where I was so I can truly appreciate where God has brought me.
- Read, every day. There are so many books I want to read so I need to commit and just dive in. I’m thinking at least one chapter or ten pages a day, I’ll see what I’m best able to stick to.
- Say yes to more new things. I often just pass up oppurtunities to learn new games, listen to new music, see new movies, go new places, meet new people. I will make honest efforts in the new year to be humble enough to give new things a try.
- Pray. Every single day. No expections. I know by now that this is the most important thing in my life. I need God, and prayer is my relationship with Him. Even if all my other goals go out the window, this must be a constant in my life.
Alright, Happy New Year everyone! God bless you and have an amazing 2018!