I love the idea of books having soundtracks. Not exactly in the sense that ‘oh, the book is a movie in my head and this is the soundtrack it would have.’ What I mean is more like, ‘here are the songs that inspired individual scenes in my book, songs that might give you more insight into this story’. Also, music is often a big part of my stories.
I have two Spotify playlists for every story I’m working on — a private one of all the songs I listen to while I’m writing and a more polished public one that is meant to accompany the book for my readers.
I’m particularly proud of the playlist I made to accompany Good You Were Here, so I decided to share it.
If you have Spotify, you can listen to the playlist HERE.
If not, I’ve created a Youtube playlist HERE.
Good You Were Here: Official Playlist
- Reaper – Sia
- Run and Hide – Sabrina Carpenter
- I Wanna Get Better – Bleachers
- Gun Song – The Lumineers
- Dust to Dust – The Civil Wars
- Come Softly to Me – The Fleetwoods
- Let Love In – The Goo Goo Dolls
- Hesitate – Steve Moakler
- Forever – Matt Hires
- Medicine – The 1975
- Black Bear – Andrew Belle
- Be Here Long – Needtobreathe
- Medicine – Daughter
- Me – The 1975
- My Oldest Friend – Andrew Belle
- Cancer – Twenty One Pilots
- I Will Follow You Into the Dark – Death Cab For Cutie
- For Now – Kina Grannis
- F2b – Safetysuit
- Gone Away – Safetysuit
- Uncle Jonny – The Killers
- I Found Love – Owl City
- Hello My Old Heart – The Oh Hellos
Hope you enjoy this playlist!
Thanks for reading, God bless!